Today Eric turned in the enormous NSF proposal he has been working on for months, and that is great news. We won’t know for some time if his team will get the funding, but we really hope so. I’m just so proud of him and the work he is doing, and I think his project is completely awesome. For now, though, we are celebrating no more long nights and weekends working on it! There will be plenty of other projects to take its place, of course, but this is still a big weight off his shoulders. I went to the store(s) today to get groceries, and I saw that our most favorite champagne was on sale: ten dollars off! So, I bought it for a special surprise. I don’t even like champagne, but this stuff is the nectar of the gods, I tell you. (No one paid me to say that, I just seriously love this champagne.) We are looking forward to a fun weekend and a little getaway sometime in March. (Suggestions? We are sort of split between Palm Springs and Vegas…or a pretty lake…I change my mind every day!) In other happy news, Be @ Home did a really nice feature on my blog yesterday in their Best of the Web series, which was super sweet of them, and I had a submission accepted to a book–lots to celebrate! Here’s to this happy day.
- Getting caught up on #ProjectLife! krugthethinker.com/2013/05/projec… 1 day ago
- I ask you: what's better than a former student sending you a link to a map of #ArrDev jokes? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. recurringdevelopments.com/#_ 2 days ago
- The jacarandas are in bloom #Happiness http://t.co/GqUxWKWAlx 2 days ago
- So, I made a gigantic oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. It was glorious! krugthethinker.com/2013/05/peanut… 2 days ago
- Y'all, Eric is helping me with scrapbook layouts. #BestHusbandEver 3 days ago