As we get closer to our anniversary, I am thinking so much about our wedding and what a beautiful day it was. I am planning to write more about our wedding in the next few weeks, but this is just one special part of it I wanted to share. It’s the song “June Hymn” by The Decemberists. You can listen to it here. It is such a lovely anthem to early summer and all the glories it brings. Eric bought the album a few months before we were married, and he would turn this song on and slow dance with me when things got overwhelming. I’d put my head on his shoulder and sway with him, and everything would be okay. We played it during dinner at our wedding, and it just felt so right. We were married in June, and I love that this song hints at what is sacred in that season, and what is sacred in our marriage as well. Eric still plays this song for me sometimes and holds out his arms for me to dance with him. It melts me every single time. A few weeks ago I was scrolling through his iPod to find some music to play for cooking dinner, and I stumbled upon a playlist called “Happy.” I opened it, and it had only one song in it: “June Hymn.” I love that. And I love him. Happy June to one and all.
- This is the most creative and beautiful "thank you" to blog readers I have ever seen. #MadProps mindfulmagpie.com/2013/05/18/how… 13 hours ago
- Last night I dreamed all the new #ArrDev episodes...with bonus Jesse Pinkman. Bring it on! 17 hours ago
- Fractal broccoli! #NerdAlert http://t.co/DAp3TS56Yr 1 day ago
- Getting caught up on #ProjectLife! krugthethinker.com/2013/05/projec… 3 days ago
- I ask you: what's better than a former student sending you a link to a map of #ArrDev jokes? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. recurringdevelopments.com/#_ 4 days ago