I have been wanting to experiment with digital photo collages for such a long time, and this is my first attempt. I spent 10 days on my own in Paris at the tender age of 22, and while that feels like ages ago, I still remember all of these café crèmes so clearly. I went everywhere with my journal in hand, scribbling like a maniac, sometimes taking off my rings and watch to help me write more easily. I love that you can see the raggedy edges of my paper in these pictures, as well as the no-nonsense pen that saw me through it all. And I love how all of these coffees are so different. Front and center is Le Café de Flore, which is appropriate, since it is second to none. Sometimes I got pitchers of coffee and cream, and sometimes I got one cup of coffee, already expertly blended. What I always got was a prime spot for people-watching in a wicker chair. I’ve not written about those days at all in this space, but these past few days, little flashes of that week and a half in Paris and little flashes of the girl who I was back then have been coming to me and organizing themselves into a project that I hope to be able to show you soon. Until then, I’ll be steeping in nostalgia, even though back then all my nostalgia was for the future, such that I can see myself as if on two sides of a mirror, waving, from here and from there.
- These countdown days to the new #ArrDev episodes just keep getting better. This is insanely awesome: apps.npr.org/arrested-devel… 15 hours ago
- Blogged: some inspirations/aspirations for May via #onelittleword with @aliedwards krugthethinker.com/2013/05/one-li… 22 hours ago
- Ice cream update: lemon thyme goat cheese is the best ice cream I've ever made. And pecans make it even better. #Huzzah! 1 day ago
- Experiment of the day: lemon thyme goat cheese ice cream. Fingers crossed! 1 day ago
- On the blog today: a few adventures in dyeing clothes! krugthethinker.com/2013/05/advent… 1 day ago